Garden of Life Canada
Krill Oil (Neptune)
Krill (Euphasia superba) is a very small Antarctic shrimp-like zooplankton. It is one of the most abundant biomass on the planet, producing very high quality omega-3 (EPA-DHA) oils. It also has a very high antioxidant property.
The naturally high levels of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids found in Krill Oil have propelled this oil to the forefront of nutritional topics. EPA and DHA are the polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) that have been identified as the main factors that contribute to the health benefits associated with omega-3 oils. Both these fatty acids are vital for optimal health.
DHA is a component of brain phospholipids and has been shown to be important for brain function and vision. The phospholipid makeup of krill oil closely resembles that of human brain phospholipids, leading to the idea that krill oil phospholipids are easily incorporated into brain cells and supportive of brain function. EPA, on the other hand, has been attributed largely to anti-inflammatory pathways.
- 500 mg Neptune Krill Oil (Euphausia superba) …….. 500 mg
- Provides Phospholipids (230 mg), Omega-3s (150 mg), EPA (75 mg), DHA (45 mg) and Astaxanthin (0.65 mg)
- Take 2-3 caplique® capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare practitioner
- No added yeast, wheat, soy, gluten, corn, dairy, artificial colors or preservatives
- Allergens: crustaceans, fish