Vegan Holiday Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups gluten free baking flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein - Vanilla
- ½ cup Garden of Life Coconut Oil - melted
- 1 cup cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon Garden of Life Raw Virgin Coconut Oil - melted
- ½ teaspoon peppermint oil
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops of natural red food coloring - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (first 4 ingredients) and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer or food processor, mix together the next 3 ingredients then slowly mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the batter is crumbly.
- Place batter in a bowl, pour in almond milk (1/4 cup) and work batter together with your hands until it forms a malleable ball. Add more almond milk if you need to, you want the batter to be smooth not crumbly at this point.
- Place batter in refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- While batter is in refrigerator you can make the frosting by whisking together all the frosting ingredients until it is smooth.
- Remove batter from refrigerator and flour (using gluten free flour) the counter.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it's about ¼ inch thick and then use cookie cutters to cut out 12-14 cookies.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cookies fully cool before frosting them.
- You can add fun sprinkles, chocolate shavings, fresh mint or even toasted almonds on top of the frosted cookies too!