Serves: 12 mini cakes
- 1¾ cups walnuts
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 ½ Tablespoons cacao
- 2 Tablespoons Garden of Life Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ cups cashews (soaked in water for at least 30 minutes)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup Garden of Life Raw Virgin Coconut Oil - melted
- 1 teaspoon peppermint oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6-8 drops natural red food coloring (optional)
- raspberries or peppermint sticks (broken into small pieces)
- shaved chocolate or sweet cacao nibs
- First make the crust by placing walnuts, salt and cacao into the food processor using the “s” blade.
- Process for about 30 seconds, then add in the maple syrup and coconut oil and process again until the batter is very sticky.
- Press batter into the spring form pan or into 12 mini cake pan cavities then place in refrigerator while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, rinse the cashews off then place in a high speed blender with the remaining cake ingredients. Blend until very smooth (works best if you use a Vitamix or similar).
- Pour cake “batter” over the crust, then garnish with your choice of garnishes and place in freezer for at least one hour to set.
- Once you are ready to serve, let cake(s) sit out for about 10 minutes for the ideal texture.
- Store in freezer for up to one month.