Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
This recipe can be found in our Ambassador @healthandfoodjunkie’s latest cookbook, “The Pressure Cooker Cookbook for Weight Loss” – now available on Amazon.ca!
Ingredients for the Brownies:
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (plus more for dusting)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
Ingredients for the Icing:
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp Garden of Life Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
- Grease a 7-inch springform pan with cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder.
- To make the brownies: Pour the water into the pressure cooker pot and place a trivet inside. Press the Saute button and adjust to normal , bringing the water to a simmer. In a small bowl, place the chocolate chips. Set the bowl on the trivet and wait for the chocolate chips to melt, about 5 minutes, then remove bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and mix until combined. Fold in the melted chocolate. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and cover with aluminum foil or a silicone lid. Place the pan on top of the trivet.
- Lock the lid in place and seal the steam valve. Select Pressure/Manual and adjust the time to 6 minutes on high pressure.
- After cooking, quick release the pressure. Carefully remove the lid and set aside. Remove the pan and set aside to cool for 10 minutes before flipping the cake on to a serving platter.
- To make the icing: In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Press the Saute button, adjust to normal, and bring the water inside the pot to a simmer. Place the bowl into the pot on the trivet to melt the chocolate chips, about 5 minutes. Remove the bowl and stir until smooth. Drizzle the icing over the cooled