- 1/4 cup Garden of Life Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
- 300g marshmallows
- 2 scoops Garden of Life Raw Organic Perfect Food Original
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- medium candy eyes
- semi/dark chocolate + 1 tsp coconut oil, melted & combined
1. Line a 9x9 square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium heated skillet, melt coconut oil and marshmallows, mixing consistently so it doesn’t over-toast and the oil is thoroughly combined. When there are no lumps, turn off the heat and add 2 scoops of Raw Organic Perfect Food Original, mixing thoroughly until it turns a consistent green colour.
3. Next, add puffed rice cereal, carefully mixing it with the marshmallows until everything is coated evenly. Be careful, this process is a sticky one!
4. Pour mixture into the pan, scraping everything down thoroughly before using a second sheet of parchment paper to press over the top of the rice krispie treats. This will ensure your bars are evenly distributed. Allow to cool for about an hour before removing from the pan and slicing into 12 even rectangles.
5. Meanwhile, melt down your chocolate, adding 1 tsp of coconut oil for a pipable consistency. (You may need to firm the chocolate back up in the fridge for a bit if the mixture is too runny.)
6. Decorate your Frankenstein treats with edible candy eyes, chocolate bolts and scars for a scarily delicious effect. Enjoy!
These ghoulishly good for you treats were created by Garden of Life Ambassador and Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Larissa Nicole! For more clean, balanced and protein-packed recipes, check her out on Instagram at @eatwithlarissanicole.