Coconut Collagen MCT Macaroons
- 3 cups organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup honey
- 2 scoops Garden of Life Collagen
- 2 scoops Garden of Life MCT Powder
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or peppermint!)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 5 cup dark chocolate chips (sugar free)
- 5 tablespoon Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees.
- In a food processor using the “S” blade, process together the shredded coconut and honey.
- Next, add the egg whites, vanilla (OR peppermint extract), collagen peptides, MCT powder and salt.
- Process again until batter is well combined. On a parchment-lined cookie sheet, scoop tablespoon-sized balls
- Bake for 16-18 minutes on *top rack. Check them at 16 min- you want them to be a nice golden brown. Then let cool.
- When macaroons have cooled, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double broiler.
- Once you are ready, dip each macaroon bottom into the chocolate then place on a parchment lined cookie sheet, drizzle some additional chocolate on top, then freeze for 10 minutes to set.
- Macaroons will last up to one month in freezer or 1 week in refrigerator.
Make sure to use top rack of oven and check on the macaroons to ensure they don’t burn