Get Ready for the Holidays with Probiotics
This year, the holidays arrive wrapped up in a completely different package. Traditional, large family get-togethers, festive parties and holiday travel plans are taking a back seat to smaller gatherings and long-distance video calls. With so much going on during the holidays, it is understandable that we may feel a bit worn thin. Add on the stress associated with upheaval and change (understatement of the year) and we can definitely use some extra support. Fortunately, we have a few simple tips below to boost you through the holidays.
You may be cringing at the thought of adding to your “to-do” list but in this case the benefits greatly outweigh the cost. Simple steps to mitigate that holiday stress can make vast improvements to the general well-being of you and your family.
- Gift yourselves 10-minutes a day to meditate or simply focus on your breath.
- Write down or share with your family one thing you are grateful for each day.
- Have a good laugh.
- Support your system to handle stress and boost that immune system with natural supplements.
Most of us recognize the negative effects that stress can have on our bodies and mental health. Particularly, the imbalance to our microbiome. About 70% of our immune system is located in the gut and keeping our immune system in good working order is more important than ever. Fortunately, supplementing with probiotics, also known as “good bacteria”, can help restore the microbiome. Beside supporting a healthy immune system, probiotics can benefit mental health, inflammation, and may help ward off digestive concerns, the common cold, and influenza.
Garden of Life created the Dr. Formulated line of probiotics in collaboration with internationally renowned microbiome expert David Perlmutter, M.D. This line features researched strains of bacteria tested for acid, bile and antibiotic resistance as well as containing a prebiotic blend to ensure proper delivery and adherence. Individuals with food allergies and sensitivities need not worry, as this line is hypoallergenic, vegetarian-friendly, Non-GMO Project Verified, gluten, dairy and soy free. There’s no need to let stress wear down your defenses so read on to discover which Dr. Formulated probiotic is right for you and your family.
- Organic Kids+ 5 Billion CFU is a chewable probiotic designed specifically for children. The formula builds a healthy gut microbiome and provides support for their developing immune system and digestive health. This unique formula contains vitamin C from organic Amla and vitamin D for additional immune support. Kids can enjoy two delicious flavours (berry cherry or watermelon) while parents can appreciate having a product without carriers, fillers, artificial colours, sweeteners or preservatives.
- Once Daily Women’s 50 Billion CFU contains high potency probiotics designed for women’s unique health needs. L. reuteri and L. fermentum support women’s digestive and immune system health ensuring a healthy gut microbiome.
- Once Daily Men’s 50 Billion CFU is specifically designed with 15 probiotic strains that support men’s digestive and immune health.
- Once Daily Ultra 90 Billion CFU is your choice when you want high potency support for colon health. The 15 diverse strains are resistant to stomach acid and bile ensuring proper arrival and activation in the intestines.
This year my list of things to want and wish for has gotten a little smaller. It focuses on the people closest to me, their health and all the things we can be grateful for. Whatever it is for your family, make sure to enjoy the moments that matter. Keeping yourself, your family and those close to you healthy and well during the holiday season may just be the best present ever.