- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 leek thinly sliced (white part only)
- 2 Tablespoons Garden of Life Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1½ Tablespoons ginger root minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- pumpkin seeds and cilantro for garnishing
- In a large pot, place coconut oil, carrots, ginger, onions, garlic, leeks, salt and pepper and cook on medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add in coconut milk, vegetable broth and pumpkin puree.
- Mix until well combined then remove from heat.
- Use an immersion blender to blend together until creamy.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and cilantro.
- Optional: Hollow out sugar pie pumpkins and serve soup inside of pumpkins.