Savoury Chickpea Pancakes
- ½ cup chickpea flour (also called gram flour
- besan flour or garbanzo bean flour)
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein - Unflavoured
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp pink salt or sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh tomato
- Fresh Basil
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, Raw Organic Protein and water until smooth.
- Blend in remaining ingredients and let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan or frying pan over medium heat. Add a tiny bit of oil to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
- For small pancakes - use 1 tablespoon of batter per pancake. For medium size – use 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until a golden colour is achieved.
- Serve right away topped with slices of fresh tomato and basil.
- Optional toppings include bocconcini, a mild nut cheese, or sour cream (vegan or dairy).
- Chickpea pancakes are best eaten right away. These pancakes do not reheat or freeze well.