- 3 scoops Garden of Life SPORT Certified Grass Fed Whey Vanilla
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) date sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (180g) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 412g plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut cream or full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix all dry shortcake ingredients
- Add cold, cubed butter and mix together with your hands until thoroughly combined and crumbly
- Add Greek Yogurt and gently mix until fully combined, but don’t over-mix (there should still be little bits of cold butter in with the mixture)
- Pour batter into lined and greased muffin tins
- Bake for 18 mins or until golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean
- Meanwhile, prepare coconut whipped cream. In a standing mixer, whip chilled coconut cream (just the solids - save the liquids for smoothies!) until thick and fluffy. Add stevia and vanilla extract and beat on high for 5 minutes or until stiff peaks have formed. Chill in fridge
- Once shortcakes are ready, allow them to cool completely, then gently remove them from their wrapping, cut in half and fill with whipped cream and strawberries
This sweet treat was created by Garden of Life Ambassador, Certified Personal Trainer and Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Larissa! For more tips and tons more clean, protein-packed recipes (plus a peak into her fitness community), visit her site, Larissa Nicole Fitness!
Makes 12-14 shortcakes.
Calories per serving, 309