- 3 scoops Garden of Life SPORT Whey Protein - Vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 6 plums, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 300F and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- To make the shortbread base, mix all ingredients together until a dough forms. Press the dough into your 8x8 pan lined with parchment until it’s evenly distributed. Then, use a fork to poke holes in the dough so that it can properly cook through. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prep plum filling by adding your plums, tapioca flour, maple syrup and cinnamon to a medium saucepan heated to medium-high. Stirring often, allow the mixture to simmer and cook down until you can run a spoon through the middle without the mixture coming together right away. (About 6-8 minutes.) Set aside.
- To make the crumble topping, mix all the ingredients together until it comes together and crumbles off your fingertips.
- Once your shortbread base has cooled, pour in the plum filling (using a spatula to spread to the corners), then add your crumble topping until everything is evenly distributed. Bake in the oven for another 20 minutes, making sure that the top is lightly browned. (If it’s not, feel free to use a broiler for 2-4 minutes if you have one!)
- Let cool completely before slicing into 12 squares and serving immediately or refrigerating for up to 5 days.
To make this recipe vegan:
Swap out the butter for Garden of Life’s Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and the Whey Protein for Garden of Life’s SPORT Plant-Based Protein in Vanilla.
Check out the full recipe post by Garden of Life Ambassador and Certified Personal Trainer, Larissa, for more tips and details! For tons more clean, protein-packed recipes (plus a peak into her fitness community), visit her site, Larissa Nicole Fitness!