For the Quinoa:
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup red quinoa - rinsed
For the Salad:
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 1 cup chopped mango
- ½ cup thinly sliced radishes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Make Quinoa. Boil 2 cups of water and add salt, olive oil and quinoa.
- Reduce heat to low and cover pot with a lid and let quinoa cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove lid from pot to let cool then fluff with a fork. In a large bowl, add spinach.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons of olive oil and a dash of salt on spinach then massage with your hands to soften the spinach.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss until well mixed.
- Serve alone, topped with avocado or as a side dish to seafood, veggie burgers or poultry.