Carrot Cake Protein Balls
- 1 cup Medjool dates (pitted)
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein - Vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- ½ teaspoon ginger (ground)
- A pinch of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup carrots (finely grated)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Coconut (finely shredded for rolling) - optional but recommended
Tip: Lightly wet your hands to help prevent the mixture from sticking to you while rolling.
- Place the pitted dates in a small bowl and add ¼ cup hot water. Gently press the dates into the water and let them soak for about 10-15 minutes.
- Put the dates and soaking water into the basin of your food processor and blend until fairly smooth. Remember to scrape down the sides of the food processor as necessary.
- Add all remaining ingredients, with the exception of the shredded coconut, into the bowl of the food processor.
- Blend until thoroughly mixed and coming together nicely.
- Roll mixture into balls and then roll in shredded coconut, if desired. If the mixture is too soft for rolling, put it in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes and then roll.
- Once rolled, the balls store well in the fridge or you can freeze them.